Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First MAC Eyeshadows!

Today i will be reviewing and swatching the MAC eyeshadows my bf got me as part of my birthday present!! *yay* haha I also got one (white frost) from my mom. Although its not new, just something she used to own, she thought i could put it to better use and i love it :)

Anyways, for those who have been reading my blog for awhile now, you probably know i didnt venture into MAC products until the "In The Groove" collection came out which i purchased my very first MAC products, their famous MSF in stereo rose & petticoat. Since then, i've fallen in love with their products! They are defnitely very high quality! The only thing holding me back from getting more would be the price... =/

So, back on topic! Apart from Dalliance (from MAC Peacocky Collection) which i purchased during my birthday haul, these are my very first MAC eyeshadows! Since i probably had Dalliance only for a day or two longer than these, i think its safe to say these should be included as my first MAC eyeshadows :P


i put them in my annabelle custom quad compact cause they're special hehe <3
from top left going clockwise
all that glitters, white frost, woodwinked & gleam


from top left going clockwise
all that glitters, white frost, woodwinked, gleam


all that glitters, white frost
natural lighting

gleam, woodwinked
natural lighting

Im sure you are all more familar with these shadows then i am since i'm probably one of the last to jump on the MAC bandwagon... but i'll post up descriptions and swatch them anyways :p

All That Glitters - Beige w/gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) 
White Frost - Vivid white with icy shimmer(Frost) 
Gleam - Barely pinked gold (Lustre) 
Woodwinked
- Warm antique gold (Veluxe Pearl)

-------------------------------------

and then of course, swatches! (my fav part! they look so pretty!)



indoors with no flash
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked

indoors with no flash
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked
indoors with flash
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked
indoors with flash
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked
natural lighting
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked
all that glitters, white frost, gleam & woodwinked



Im sure you've heard many raves or probably even experienced MAC shadows for yourself, but i really do have to admit, these shadows are really really pretty!! the pigmentation is very good, the shadows are smooth and they all blend out so nicely :) i'd definitely give them 5 stars out of 5 :D

but you know, i have to admit, i was pretty worried about this... worried that MAC shadows would be all that they were said to be and better.. because now that i've realized how pretty they were, i want more :( and that is going to cost me a fortune!! plus, it'll make it that much harder for me to stick with my new years resolution...  *ahhhh* =/

---------------------------

i mainly chose (read: made a list for my bf) neutral shades because i felt that those are the colors i would wear most often.. and with MAC shadows being as pricey as they are, i definitely wouldnt want to waste the money on a shade i would only wear once in a blue moon. and although they may seem boring to manyy, i actually really really love these colors! I know for sure i will use them almost everyday and i am so happy to have them in my collection.

...and so far so good!

I've been using my little MAC quad (housed in my annabelle compact lol) daily since i received them and i love the results! For my new daily eye look, i like to use either gleam or all that glitters all over the lid depnding on what i feel like that morning (gleam has more of a pinkish undertone), white frost in my inner corners, woodwinked in the crease, and then i cheat a little and use a nude shade from my wet n wild palettes to blend everything out :) simple and easy, but i love the ending result! I'll try to snap some pictures one morning when im not in a rush to go to school so you guys can see what it looks like!

------------------------------------

anyways, i hope you've enjoyed this post! i hope it didnt bore those who already own these shadows! i was just really excited to share these swatches because its my very first experience with MAC eyeshadows and i was really impressed! :D

oh, and i know im still on my little "spend less" resolution and although i have no intention of breaking it... i would still love to know which MAC shadows are your favourites! Let me know the shades you would recommend because im going to be making myself a nice little list for when it comes time to let loose a little ;) haha i cant wait to see which ones you guys love and i hope you all have a good day!

Blogger Templates


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top