Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CHI Silk Infusion Review


So i've been testing out CHI Silk Infusion for a few days now.. and so far, its not bad! Prior to purchasing this, i've been reading up on forums and blogs about where to buy this product. Since i live in calgary, its often quite hard for me to find some products that i really want! :( A lot of people said that this would be available at your local grocery stores.. so i checked walmart, safeway, co-op, zellers etc etc but no luck! :( Just when i was set on purchasing it online, i spotted it at a hair salon at my local mall! I knew i shouldve checked salons earlier! and although it was a bit pricier than i wanted.. i figured itd be much better than waiting for it to ship here :) So finally, here's my review!


What they say:
CHI Transformation System Silk Infusion helps strengthen your hair, providing incredible softness, manageability and shine without any build-up. Alcohol free, enriched with pure silk and wheat and soy proteins. Available in 6 oz. and 2 oz.

Features and Benefits:
•Silk Reconstructing Complex no pH
•Rich leave in treatment
•Enriched with pure silk along with wheat and soy proteins
•Alcohol free
•Ceramic heat will insure deep penetration of silk proteins
•Strengthens the hair
•Provides incredible softness
•Adds manageability and shine without any build up

Directions:
Apply a small amount into palm of hand and work evenly throughout your hair. Leave in and proceed with styling.


Pros:
  • Makes my hair softer, smoother and shinier
  • Heat protectant 
Cons:
  • Smell! It smells like... old man's cologne :( 
  • Very liquidity, becareful when pouring out of the bottle! As you can see in the picture above, i poured way too much the first time using it :( 
Overall: B+
I think this is a good product because it does help make my hair softer and smoother than usual. I definately like how its also a heat protectant because i like to blow dry my hair rather than air dry, and the constant use of a blowdryer + hair straightener has made my hair very dry :( The main thing i didnt like about this product was the smell. It is very strong and not very pleasant. However, i assume that i will eventually get used to it like i do to other smells and therefore, it wont be as bad later on. But for now, i am going to only use this prior to blowdrying (and not straightening) and it helps decrease the intensity of the smell. :)


xAgnes


Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.

6 comments:

Ritalime said... [Reply to comment]

Love your reviews, so informative. :D

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@Ritalime Thanks! I try.. haha and thank YOU for reading! :) i hope this "reply to comment" thing works out okay.. :)

Jane said... [Reply to comment]

Great review, I have the Chi heat potectant spray which works really great I think.

makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

ngocupham said... [Reply to comment]

Hmm...I been wanting to try this product, many people on YT use this for heat protectant. It suppose to work amazing. I never really see it in real life. And yep..U only need like a pea size amount. It suppost to keep ur hair smooth and shiny. I never thought that it would smell bad...hahaha. Oh and I think it is way too expensive...so no thank You...I prefer Treseme heat protectant and it is so cheap. It smell way better

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@Jane thanks! ooh, i've never tried that but thanks for letting me know! A spray seems easier to use.. maybe i'll give that a try when i get the chance :)

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@ngocupham haha yeahh it is a bit pricey.. but i guess if you only need a small amount, it should be alright :) ohh. nice! i heard treseme's products were pretty good! Maybe after this runs out i will pick that up.. specially if it smells better! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top