So i've been testing the cleanser and spot treatment from Burts Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions line for a few days now. To see how i got a hold of these products, and to view information about the whole line, click here! (Basically, i received them after being chosen to participate in a campaign from BzzAgent, which is a totally cool website that allows you to test and review products and then share it with the world!) You can view the full campaign on this page!
Anyways, i have been using the cleanser and spot treatment both morning and night for about 4 days now.. and i have to say, i am seeing improvements!
cleanser and spot treatment
Here are my first thoughts after using the cleanser and spot treatment on night #1.
Night 1 - Cleanser
- very liquidy, (which i definately did not expect, since it was supposed to be a gel cleanser, i expected a thicker consistency) as a result, the product came out way too fast, and i ended up having too much product in my hands
- strong medication smell, very overpowering - if any of you have tried some form of tea tree oil, you will know what im talking about.. i guess it proves that there is anti-blemish ingredients and that it should be working, but im a big fan of good smelling products and this is just not that great-smelling.. however, i do hope that i will get used to the smell like i did with my tea tree oil cleanser.
- foamed up to nice consistency
- felt very smooth on skin
- afterwards, (before moisturizer) my skin didnt feel overly dried, no irritation- toner test - (using toner after to see how much the cleanser actually took off) pretty good! there is slight coloring but nothing too much which means this cleanser did a pretty good job of removing makeup and oil!
Night 1 - Spot treatment
- also has the same scent as the cleanser, very strong and more overpowering than cleanser- tingly feeling when you apply
- can get a bit overwhelming at first, my eyes kept watering up when i applied it
- packaging is quite nice, comes out slowly so you dont spill
Thoughts after 4 days of usage
- i got used to the smell of the cleanser and it doesnt bother me that much anymore. however, the spot treatment still gets to me.. and my eyes still water..
- my red spots and slight bumps previously noticeable before has started to fade. my skin feels smoother and looks slightly more evened.
- also noticed that my face is less oily during the day
so there you have it.. thats after 4 days and i love how my red spots are finally decreasing in redness! its been something thats been bugging me for a long time now and im so happy to see it go :) the one thing i couldnt really test this pair on, was any full blown grown out zits....i mainly suffer from redness, small bumps and acne scarring from a long time ago so i can only tell you the results from those. however, if one of those gross pimples ever pop up, i will do another review to let you know how it works! imho though, i believe the spot treatment will work quite well against those nasty pimples! :D it just seems so strong.. haha but on my acne scarring, i dont think it did TOO much other than make it less red :)... anyways, i will try to post up a full review after using it for another week or so! hope this review helped :D