Saturday, April 2, 2011

Will Origins Vitazing Moisturizer End My Hunt For a TM?


Thank you all for your lovely recommendations!

I received such lovely feedback from alot of you on my last post asking for suggestions for a new tinted moisturizer, re-enforcing again just how wonderful it is to have a blog because of the lovely followers and helpful blogger community thats grown ever since i've started Pinkbox Makeup :) Thanks so much everyone! I now have...  a much longer list of products to test out and am really excited to do so! I'll work through them one at a time though, so dont expect to see back to back reviews :p


So far on my list:
- Origins Vitazing Moisturizer (got already! testing it out atm)
- Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer
- Covergirl NatureLuxe & AquaSmoothers
- Skin79 BB Cream
- ELF Tinted Moisturizer
- Kiss My Face Tinted Moisturizer

Let me know if you guys have any other recommendations! I'd be happy to hear them :D


 and just an initial review for the Origins Vitazing Moisturizer...



The website says:
"SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer


√ 95% said skin looked energized
√ 92% saw more radiant skin


This multi-tasking moisturizer handles the vital jobs of hydrating, energizing and protecting to maintain skin's momentum all day. Gives skin the refreshing zing of antioxidant-rich Mangosteen. And adds a healthy hit of radiance that mimics the glow you get from a week's vacation. All in 10 seconds max. Slip it on first thing tomorrow - you'll look like you eat right, sleep tight & don'thave a worry in sight.
 

1.7 fl. oz./50 ml US $35.00"





Initial Thoughts
The tube is smaller than I expected.. but then again, after using it for the first few times, i realized that you dont actually need that much product to cover your face :) so overall, i do think this tube will last quite some time. *phew* thats good news considering the heavy $44 CAD price tag!

Here's some swatches to show you guys the "magic" ;)


see those grey dots? those are what causes the color tint to happen!


as you blend, the product changes color...
this is in natural daylight, half blended


this is with flash, half blended as well


with flash, the portion above has now been fully blended
can you see the nice dewy effect? :)
also notice, the slight streaking... will confirm this in full review after i test it


this is all of it blended completely


What do you think? Keep an eye out for full review!
Im going to be fully testing it out for the next week or so before I write my review so that i can really know how well this product works. But so far, im liking it! :) the smell is kind of tropical.. it reminds me of mangos but i know its not lol. has anyone ever tried mangosteen? Being asian, i've tried a lot of "more unique" foods, and this one is actually quite nice! Very sweet and soft, and apparently filled with lots of antioxidants too! :D

The end effect is nice and dewy, but doesnt look like i suffer from excessive oily skin, which is nice :) The coverage is medium and the coloring seems to be a pretty good match for my skintone, but I will do a full review on this and other aspects of the product after I fully test it out :)
Oh, and for my canadian beauties, you know how things always cost more up here? Well, the US retail price of $35 makes a huge jump up to $44 CAD.. bummer eh? :( lets just hope that this was money well spent... lol :)


have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Youг style is very unique comρaгeԁ to
οther ρеоplе I have гead stuff frοm.

I aрρreсiate you for posting ωhеn уou've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just
bοοκ mаrk this blog.

Ϲheck out my ωeb site ... pure hcl
Also see my webpage > vasapro

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same
subjects? Thanks for your time!

Look at my blog post :: summer internship

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top