Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Hunt For A Tinted Moisturizer

Time for a change!


I've used liquid foundations for the longest time.. And to be honest, I don't test out and/or change foundations often.. BUT I've been using revlon's photoready foundation for many months now and am now starting to feel that i may be finally finished a whole foundation!! Don't you just love the feeling of finally using up a product? Haha anyways, So i thought, I should take this opportunity to try something different! A new foundation, or even better, a new tinted moisturizer !



For me, this seems like the perfect timing, springs coming and my skins never been better *yay*, although I still suffer from slight acne scarring, I think a tinted moisturizer with medium coverage will be beneficial :) you know, let my skin breate a bit more haha and reduce that "caked on" makeup look :/ so yup, starting now, I'm on a hunt to find my hg tinted moisturizer!


----------------------------------------------


Products I have my eye on right now:


1. Origins vitazing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer


image courtesy of origins.com

This product has received SO much rave I am just dying to try it out! The only thing really holding me back is the price. It retails for around $35 US but in canada, it goes for $44!! I really dont get why its so much more expensive in canada but oh well :( This ones is the one ive been eyeing for awhile, so i think i might go pick it up soon :D Once i do, i'll be right back with a review and of course, to update you on what i think about it!

What the site says:
"This multi-tasking moisturizer handles the vital jobs of hydrating, energizing and protecting to maintain skin's momentum all day. Gives skin the refreshing zing of antioxidant-rich Mangosteen. And adds a healthy hit of radiance that mimics the glow you get from a week's vacation. All in 10 seconds max. Slip it on first thing tomorrow - you'll look like you eat right, sleep tight & don't
have a worry in sight."

2. Laurier mercier tinted moisturizer SPF 20 Oil Free formula


image courtesy of lauriermercier.com

Yet another well raved product, known probably as the 'cult favorite' for tinted moisturizers. It's a tad pricier, ($42 US compared to $35 US for origins) but it might be worth the try! Maybe i'll go swatch some at Sephora and see if i can pick up a sample :)

What the site says:
"Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight, buildable foundation that can be worn by all skin types but especially those with acne prone, sensitive or oily skin"


3. BB creams


image courtesy of ec21.com


I've tried one in the past, misha's perfect cover with SPF 42+!! I loved the formula and feel of this but felt that the color match wasn't so great.. It tends to, like many other bb creams, have a grey cast. Overall, I did like it, but am now looking for better bb creams so any suggestions would be great!! (they aren't readily available here where I live so I can't really go swatch and test out for myself, therefore, any suggestions would be really helpful!)

---------------------------------------------


My Skin Basics:
- I have combination skin, meaning i have an oily t-zone but dryer cheeks
- I have minimal acne scarring on the sides of my cheeks
- I suffer from redness on both sides of my cheeks

What I'm looking for:
- A sheer to medium coverage tinted moisturizer that can cover redness
- A light, fresh, NON greasy feeling tm that lets my skin breathe
- A dewy finish is fine. I may set with powder once in awhile
- A tm that blends easily and doesnt require a lot of effort to apply
- A tm that either has a range of shades, or has one that matches me well
- Price is not too big of an issue, but preferably low-mid range :)


Anyways, if you use tinted moisturizers on a daily basis, or just know of one that exceeds your expectations, PLEASE let me know! :D  Thanks and have a great week!











Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top