Friday, June 4, 2010

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder... Orgasm dupe?

I have always loved my NARS blush in orgasm and have heard of many people saying that ELF had a dupe for it! Knowing that one day my NARS will be used up, i thought that i might as well give ELF a go since my local Winners has stocked up on a lot of ELF products lately! :)


The first thing that came to my mind was how similar the packaging was to NARS! But then again, im sure we have all figured this out by now. Still.. i love the sleek packaging :) And now for some swatches:

Swatches with flash

Swatches with no flash

And to compare it with NARS' orgasm..
As you can see, NARS seems to be darker and pinker..

Left - NARS, Right - ELF

Comparison:
Although i know a lot of people call ELF's blush a dupe of NARS, i think (on me at least) there are noticeable differences. For me, ELF is a more peachy tone blush while NARS has more pink undertones. However, they both have similar consistency and both apply smoothly. You know what, i think ELF may even be more pigmented! Sometimes, i find that NARS orgasm takes a few more swipes before i can see any colour, but with ELF, one swipe is pretty much all i need!

What they say:
Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition.

Brush on the “bronze” to the hollow of the cheeks for definition and dust around the face line to create a healthy glow. Use the “blush” on the apple of the cheeks to create a subtle healthy glow.




My take:
I like this! I will probably be repurchasing NARS when i run out, but i think this blush/bronzer duo will come in very handy! The blush is a nice peachy tone with shimmers which is very similar to orgasm. The bronzer may seem a bit dark at first, but when blended properly, makes a great contour shade. I actually am really liking the bronzer side! When i have the time, im going to make a post showing how i contour my face.. (because unfortuantely, i was born with a bigger nose than i'd like!) but overall, definately love this little duo. Great price and perfect for travel! :)

xAgnes

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top