Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May Favourites ♥

Hi everyone :) this is my first time postly my monthly favourites, but being someone who loves to read blogs, i've found that i really enjoy these types of posts. not only do they include a whole bunch of great products in one post, but they also allow me to see which products (after using for awhile) are good enough to be on the monthly post! So.. lets give this a try :) Dont forget, you can click on any of the products for my review and swatches!

 1. Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Airy Fairy

I bought this at the begining of the month and seriously have been wearing it so much.. On me, it is a gorgeous light pink colour that is suitable for everyday wear. Its not as intense as something like NYX's strawberry milk, but its more like a lighter pinkier version of my natural lips. I love how the texture is super creamy allowing it to apply smoothly and as a bonus, it also lasts for quite some time! :D
This has also made it into my everyday routine :) Prior to this, i've always used Rimmel's Natural Bronzer, but since i got this, i`ve switched! I like this bronzer because (as weird as it sounds) its not as strongly pigmented.. maybe its better if i said that it is very buildable. You can either apply a light layer for a subtle look, or build to achieve the colour you want. Plus, all four of these shades have a slight shimmer so it adds an extra glow to your face! Lovee :) 


I have developed a new love for grey and taupe nail polishes! My new favourite (which i wore for most of the month before switching to Sally Hansen's Gray by Gray) is Rimmel's steel grey. This nail polish rocks! It has a wide brush which allows me to easily apply with very few strokes, and the formula lasts quite some time with minimal chipping! :D


 My new ALL-TIME favourite lipgloss has to be this! (the very first one in this picture) Although this is very sheer, it applies amazingly smooth and smells heavenly! (think tim horton's hot hazelnut smoothie ♥) I find that wearing this on its own is great for those days when i just want a bit of gloss on my lips, and pairing this with airy fairy is perfect for everyday wear :) it is a little bit sticky, but definately bearable and so worth it!

5. Mauve eyeshadows

Sorry the picture's kind of blurry, but ever since i swatched my Artistik Cosmetic's 28 Palette, i've fallen in love with these mauve colours! I've incorporated this into my everyday look and absolutely love it. As soon as i finish up a couple of reports and write my two exams which are coming up, i will definately make a new EOTD featuring my updated everyday look. Then you can see better pictures of these eyeshadows :)

And thats it for now! There are a lot of other products which i tried out, but i think these 5 are the ones that i've been using and wearing the most! I absolutely love all of these and i will most likely continue to use them for a long while :) untill i find better ones of course! oh.. and im sure you're wondering why the coastal scents palettes didnt make it up here.. dont get me wrong, i super super love them! but i just got them recently and havent had time to play around with it yet so therefore, im not going to consider it as a 'may' favourite :) but dont be surprised if it shows up next month! ;)

Also, i am super super excited to say... i've finally placed my first cherry culture order! Since i've been craving some NYX cosmetics for a LONG LONG LONG time now, i took advantage of the 20% memorial day sale and purchased a whole bunch of their stuff :) of course, since NYX is very well priced, my total actually wasnt very pricey! I purchased several of their famous round lipsticks, rouge cream blushes, mosaic powders and a lipliner :D I am so super excited for them to come in and when they do, i will post pictures and swatches! But for now, i hope you guys had a wonderful May! take care

xAgnes

2 comments:

Ritalime said... [Reply to comment]

Love the new blog layout!! I really need to try some Rimmel products, everyone in the blogging world keeps raving about them.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity for
your put up is simply excellent and i could think you're knowledgeable in this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to snatch your feed to stay updated with approaching post. Thanks one million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

My site watch tv online

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top