Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Little MAC Haul - Im Getting Addicted!

Ever since i purchased MAC MSF in Stereo Rose and Petticoat (read post/swatches here).. i have developed a slight craving  addiction to MAC products. The pigmentation and texture were really really high quality! And then i received MAC blush in Hipness and lippie in Thrills (from the lovely Lindsay - read post/swatches here) and omg.. i knew i would have trouble controlling myself.. 

so two days ago, i went shopping with my mom.. and she needed to get a lipstick (oh no.. can you see where this is going?) We ended up at MAC.. trying on a lot of things hahaha and i ended up going home with their blush in Hang Loose, and two lippies - Hue and Viva Glam Gaga!! i absolutely am in LOVE with all three products!! Hue is an amazing nude pink, Viva Glam Gaga.. well im sure you know how pretty that is already! and Hang Loose is so so so gorgeous that i had to put it on right away ♥

- btw - thank you SO MUCH to those who helped me decide which shades of lippies to purchase! i tried on a lot of lippies at the store and finally decided to purchase these two.. thank you for all your help! ♥


Anyways, here are some pictures and swatches! I have a feeling i will be visiting MAC a lot more... :)


My little MAC haul

Left to Right
MAC Hue and MAC Viva Glam Gaga

Left to Right
MAC Hue and MAC Viva Glam Gaga

Left to Right
MAC Hue and MAC Viva Glam Gaga

Hue - Soft pale pink (Glaze) - I have finally found my perfect everyday wear nude! I have never really liked the whole trend of "concealer nudes" since it seriously makes me look dead and would scare the crap out of everyone. However, my lips can be quite dark sometimes so its tough to find a really good nude shade. I am so so so happy i tried on Hue! It is the perfect soft pink nude and i love it! Plus, the glaze formula is sooo creamy and moisturizing! I have quite dry lips and many lippies tend to settle in my lip lines etc. But this formula is AMAZING and lasts quite a while. Even when the color and glossy look is gone, my lips still feel soft which is the first among lipsticks i have ever tried!

Viva Glam Gaga - Light blue pink (Lustre) - I've seen so many swatches of this and it looked so pretty that i just had to try it for myself. normally, i wouldnt reach for such light pinks (espeically with blue undertones) like this but oh my.. this one is soo gorgeous! At first i found that it was too bright for my liking... and after looking at it for awhile, i started to reall like it hehe. ohh and i also found out that if i blot this lippie just ever so slightly, i get a much more wearable blue pink! Since my lippie collection is filled with much warmer pinks, i convinced myself that i had to add this gorgeous shade and i am so glad i did :D




MAC Mineralize Blush (Duo), Hang Loose

Up close

Pink side, lavender side, mixed

Pink side, lavender side, mixed

MAC Mineralize Blush (Duo), Hang Loose - Satin bright pink / Pearly lavender - OMG. i cant believe i didnt pick this up with stereo rose and petticoat! I mustve been too focused on getting those and totally didnt see any other products! This blush is soo super pretty! My blush collection as of now has mostly warmer pinks and corals, rarely any lighter pinks. But this cool toned pink mixed with that shimmery lavender gives off such a gorgeous shade! Plus the shimmer adds a really nice glow so i can pretty much skip using a highlighter! I swatched it once at MAC and went straight to the SA telling him to grab me one :) ♥


Overall Verdict -
I am in LOVE with all three products i bought today! i cannot choose one over another because i love them all equally ♥ I will be posting swatches of the lippies applied on my lips shortly.. just had to get this post up because i was sooo excited and wanted to share with all of you! :D I am really really happy i finally started trying MAC products. although the price tag still hurts (alot..) i am beyond satisfied with my purchases. I think their lippies are the best among all i have ever tried! thank you all for helping me pick out shades and bearing with me when i complained about MAC before. i totally take it all back ♥


 So.. let me know - have you tried out these shades before? or are there other shades you would recommend? ohhh i would also love to know - what are your must-have MAC products? I need to start gathering a list of products to test/swatch next time i head into MAC :D

 Blogger Templates

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top