Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rimmel London: Airy Fairy - Review and Swatches

I'm sure you have all heard of (or own) Rimmel London's lasting finish intense wear lipstick in Airy Fairy. I've heard great things from many bloggers and really wanted to try it out for myself. So I stopped by my local shoppers drug mart and lucky for me.. it was on sale!! I got mine for $5.52 CAD and so far, I must agree with all the other bloggers, its a beautiful color! Here's some pictures:


The color may look a bit on the pinker side in pictures, but in reality, it is a gorgeous color that is very suitable for everyday use. Here's some swatches. I compared Rimmel's Airy Fairy to Maybelline's Nude Blush, Avon's Apricot Glow and Pout. For reference, I'm a NC30.


Swatches with no flash

Swatches with flash

 
Left: Naked Lips, Right: Airy Fairy on left half

What they say:
Locks colour to lips for up to 8 hours wear. 50% more colour. Soft, smooth, comfortable formula.

Pros:
  • nice creamy texture that doesnt leave my lips dry
  • beautiful pink color suitable for everyday wear
  • no nasty lipstick taste
  • lasting power is pretty good
  • and of course, the price is amazing!
Cons:
  • Not sure if its just me, but my packing was lacking in quality, the lid was wobbly and makes a noise when i shake it. =(
Overall: A-
This is definately a lipstick that should be a part of everyone's collection. It is great for those who are just stepping into the world of lipsticks as it is not only affordable, but offers great value. And for those who lovee pink like me but want something that is also natural? this is what your looking for! =)
- for more information, visit Rimmel London for more details! -


While looking in the rimmel section of shoppers, i also picked up their lasting finish pro nail polish in steel grey. It says that it'll last up to 10 days AND was on sale for $4.12 so i just couldnt pass it up. More information available at Rimmel London. Here's some pictures:



With flash

I'm going to test this out and see how long it actually lasts! Im always busy doing things so my nails are always getting chipped. I'll update you guys on how good this works as soon as possible! But for now, i definately have to give this an A for such a beautiful grey color! I hope you guys will have an amazing weekend! I am super excited as the weather is finally beautiful here in Calgary. Enjoy =)

xAgnes

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top