Saturday, May 15, 2010

Artistik Cosmetics 28 Palette Reviews & Swatches


My good friend purchased this for me awhile back and i really have enjoyed it :) Its a great product for everyday use and is perfect for travelling!


 

And of course.. here are some swatches  - dont forget, you can click on each of them to expand!

Top two rows with flash

Top two rows with no flash
See how some of the lighter colours dont really show up? :(



Bottom two rows with no flash

Bottom two rows with flash

What they say:
Our 28 palette contains all the neutral tones for natural looking makeup. Suitable for those who love browns and makeup artists who need a palette for contouring, black and white photography, eyeliners, and eyebrow colours. Contains tones from warm to cool for any skin complexion. Perfect for Makeup Artists working in Wedding, photography and TV/Film or those who want to diversify their makeup collection. For more information, visit Artistik Cosmetics.

My take:
This is very very similar to Coastal Scents! Although i havent tried it yet (my palettes are coming in the mail!! yay!) but like many others, i've seen plenty of great reviews and pictures about them. Since i dont have my coastal scent palettes yet, i cant compare the quality of the eyeshadows. However, i did find them to be quite pigmented! Some of the colours dont really show up on my skin tone, but the majority of them applied very nicely.

Pros:

  • great for neutral looks but also has darker tones for smoky looks

  • majority of eyeshadows are very pigmented and apply easily

  • includes both matte and shimmer eyeshadows

  • comes in a sleek packaging with mirror inside and 2 eyeshadow applicators
Cons:

  • some colour dont show up very well on my skintone

  • some eyeshadows (lighter ones) apply a bit chalky
Overall: A
I like this :) and i have a feeling im going to like coastal scents' palettes too! The majority of the eyeshadows apply very easily (with the exception of some of the lighter colours which are a bit chalky for me.) But overall, i love this. Its filled with tons of colours that are great for a neutral look, but can definately be layered for a more dramatic look. :)

xAgnes

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.


4 comments:

Ritalime said... [Reply to comment]

Hmmm...it really looks like the CS 28 palette on the website. It might be the same even. I've seen CS palettes under different names.

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@Ritalime Ohh that may be why :) I think this is the same as the coastal scents.. i took another look after reading your comment and the colours all look the same. i didnt know they had them under different names! thanks for commenting! :)

Ritalime said... [Reply to comment]

@xAgnes
Yeah, I think its from the same manufacturer. I heard you can get the same exact CS palettes from the original manufacture for way cheaper on Ebay.

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@RitalimeOh really?!?damn.. i wish i knew that before i ordered my coastal scents! haha but thank you so much, good to know for next time :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top