Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polishes Swatches & Review


So i realized i've been buying a lot of nail polishes lately.. not that i dont already have enough! but anyways.. I've been trying out my two latest nail polishes and heres the review and swatches i promised! The two Sally Hansen nail polishes i purchased were Plum's the Word and Gray by Gray. I think the colours are just gorgeous!




Sally Hansen nail brush compared to Rimmel's brush


When i first opened this up, i was so happy to see that the brush was very very similar to that of Rimmel's nail polish! The wide brush definately makes it much easier to apply. And the fact that its kinda squared? great for reaching the corners without making a mess :) Normally, it takes me about 3-4 swipes before i can cover my whole nail, however.. with these new brushes, all i need is 1-2! but then again, my nails are quite narrow.. still, i love it :)


Can you spy the different nail? :)


You can probably see that one of the nails above is a different colour lol.. I compared this to Sula's Paint & Peel nail polish which i reviewed recently. This colour, on the other hand.. is not as vibrant, but i think its better for everyday wear. Its a more toned down grayish blue and after wearing it for a few days.. i have to say, i cant stop looking at my nails! hehe :) As for Plum's the world, here are the swatches:






What they say:
All 5 Steps of a Manicure in 1 Bottle.
Salon Manicure Made Simple!
Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Color, Top Coat.
9 out of 10 Salon Professionals Preferred Our Formula to the Leading Salon Brand.
With Patented Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care.
42 Salon-Inspired Shades.
Toluene, DBP, and Formaldehyde free.

Special Ingredients:
With Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care.
For more information, visit their website!

Pros:

  • dries super fast!
  • love the wide brush - makes it easy to apply
  • touch ups are super easy and you cant even tell after!

Cons:

  • lasting power is not the greatest. i started getting chips the next day :(

Overall: A-
I love the colours and how it dries super fast! I painted two of my nails and then went over to my mirror to compare.. after taking a look at them, i touched it and it was dried already! :) unfortunately, this nail polish tends to chip pretty easily.. and after one to two days of wear i already had the slight chips that i saw after 5 days of wear with rimmel`s nail polish. However, i found that this nail polish made touch ups super easy! Normally, when i paint a bit over the chipped areas, i can see the difference in colours. However, this one blends in SO much better! and you cant even tell i touched up :) maybe its because the colour is so dark... not sure but i love it! :) Overall, id have to say that i like Gray by gray better :) probably because i do have a lot of colours similar to plum`s the word. what do you guys think?


xAgnes
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.


5 comments:

ngocupham said... [Reply to comment]

hmm...it seem that some SH nail polishes are not long lasting power. I bought some SH and man oh man they are streaky and take so long to apply. At least this one is not like that. Oh I love the brush, don't you think it is excellent to actually apply french tips with that brush?

xAgnes said... [Reply to comment]

@ngocuphaminteresting.. this was my first time trying our their nail polishes..and now we know! haha, oooh.. i havent tried applying french tips yet!! but now that you say it, i must try it out! :D

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I feel in love with grey by grey the second I saw it. I'm not much of a fan of ol' Sally but the colour had me at hello.

las vegas salon deals said... [Reply to comment]

My girlfriend really likes the color black of her nail polish. Anyway, I like it too. las vegas salon deals offers so many styles of nail polishing too.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top