Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Holy Grail Wednesdays - Nivea's Essential & A Kiss of Moisture

Today's Holy Grail product is... Nivea's Essential & A Kiss of Moisture! I've tried many different kinds of lip balms and only these keep my lips soft and moisturized forever! (not literally.. but you get the point!) Ive gone through i dont know how many tubes and always keep going back for more :) So let me explain first the difference between the two. Nivea essential (dark blue tube) is basically just that. its the basic lip balm that can be used by both males and females. Nivea A Kiss of Moisture, is pretty much the same thing, but includes spf 4... making that my day lip balm and essential my night lip balm :)


This is all i have left of these! Time to buy some more :)

k.. im a little bit confused.. when i goggled nivea's a kiss of moisture, it shows up as a dark blue tube on their website! and the one i have (which says moisture) is apparantely called a kiss of smoothness?? Im not 100% sure on this guys, but i will update will the correct information once i figure it out! but for now.. i think this is the same :)

What they say:
NIVEA A Kiss of Smoothness – Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4:
• Is a light-weight formula that absorbs quickly into the lips
• Enriched with Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter to provide long-lasting moisturization
• Helps protect your lips from the damaging effects of the sun

The result is lips that feel soft and look smooth.
NIVEA A Kiss of Smoothness – Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4 combines intensive moisturization and effective protection to leave your lips smooth, supple and healthy looking. Advanced formula with moisturizing Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil and UV filter (SPF 4).
More information found on nivea's website.

My take:
These lip balms are the only thing that really works for my dry lips. Once applied, there is little need for touchups! Before i head to bed, i always smother on layers of Essential.. and when i wake up in the morning, my lips are soft and moisturized :) I mainly use a kiss of moisture during the day when im too lazy to put on a lipgloss or lipstick.. or when i do wear lipstick/gloss, i put this on first. I find that it makes a HUGE difference if you apply lip balm prior to any lipstick. because not all lipsticks are super creamy and moisturizing, the lipstick can actually end up looking caked if your lips are dry.Therefore, by using a lip balm prior to applying, you can prevent this and keep your lips looking full and soft. (of course, this goes for any lip balm) and the spf found in a kiss of moisture is definately another plus :)
so what do you guys think? what are some of YOUR holy grail lip balms?

xAgnes

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top