Friday, May 28, 2010

Coastal Scents Gel Liner Swatch & Review

As you guys know, i purchased Coastal Scents gel liner in deep plum awhile ago along with my palettes. Here are the swatches and the review! :)


Gel liner in deep plum

Swatch with flash

Swatch with no flash

So far, i really like this! the texture is smooth and creamy, and applies very easily with the bent liner brush. The colour was a bit brighter than i expected (i thought itd be a deeper purple colour) but i like it.. its great for a different look and the purple makes your eye whites appear whiter. :) Heres what it looks like when applied..



Ingredients:
Isododecane, Polyethylene, Trimethylsilocysilicate, Cyclomethicone, Ozokerite, Ploymethylsilsesquioxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Ca Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake, D&C Black No.2.
Net wt.: 3g/0.11oz


My take:
Overall, i am really liking this gel liner! the colour is vibrant and applies very smoothly. In the picture above, i did not set with a eyeshadow and still.. it lasted me the whole day with some slight smudging. and for the price of $6.95, its definately worth it! (considering even maybelline's gel liner sells for around $10 at drugstores) The only thing for me.. would be the shipping cost. Because i live in canada, shipping costs are often higher than i want.. but my recommendation would be to sign up for Coastal Scents newsletter so you know when the products you want go on sale! :D


Some close ups of the bent liner brush.. sorry, i forgot to take pictures before swatching!

Also, the bent liner brush is great for applying this. The white bristles are softer than i expected but is still able to provide precise application of the gel liner. Im going back and forth between using this and an angled brush for applying my gel liners! Have you guys tried out Coastal Scents gel liners? I think they're amazing and cant wait till the next sale so i can pick up some more colours!

 
xAgnes


Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top